Jun 13, 2010, 10:37 PM EST
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg points to the spot on the mound where was slipping all afternoon.
CLEVELAND — He issued five walks, served up a home run, battled problems with the pitching mound and departed after 5 1/3 innings. Rough day at the ballpark for Stephen Strasburg, huh?
Uh, not exactly. Strasburg did, after all, allow only one run on two hits, striking out eight Indians batters in his second big-league start. Most importantly, the rookie right-hander led his Nationals to a convincing 9-4 victory.
As you can read on CSNwashington.com, the ridiculously high standard Strasburg has set for himself makes outings like this seem pedestrian, even when they are plenty effective.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres