Jun 13, 2010, 10:37 PM EDT
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg points to the spot on the mound where was slipping all afternoon.
CLEVELAND — He issued five walks, served up a home run, battled problems with the pitching mound and departed after 5 1/3 innings. Rough day at the ballpark for Stephen Strasburg, huh?
Uh, not exactly. Strasburg did, after all, allow only one run on two hits, striking out eight Indians batters in his second big-league start. Most importantly, the rookie right-hander led his Nationals to a convincing 9-4 victory.
As you can read on CSNwashington.com, the ridiculously high standard Strasburg has set for himself makes outings like this seem pedestrian, even when they are plenty effective.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase