Jun 13, 2010, 10:37 PM EDT
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg points to the spot on the mound where was slipping all afternoon.
CLEVELAND — He issued five walks, served up a home run, battled problems with the pitching mound and departed after 5 1/3 innings. Rough day at the ballpark for Stephen Strasburg, huh?
Uh, not exactly. Strasburg did, after all, allow only one run on two hits, striking out eight Indians batters in his second big-league start. Most importantly, the rookie right-hander led his Nationals to a convincing 9-4 victory.
As you can read on CSNwashington.com, the ridiculously high standard Strasburg has set for himself makes outings like this seem pedestrian, even when they are plenty effective.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1