Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
CLEVELAND — Stephen Strasburg went about his normal business Saturday afternoon, playing catch, shagging flies and watching intently from the dugout as teammate J.D. Martin pitched against the Indians.
Then again, it wasn’t a totally normal day for the Nationals rookie right-hander, who spent a portion of his afternoon talking pitching with Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and then looked around the stands at Progressive Field and saw dozens of fans wearing his jersey.
And it certainly won’t be a run-of-the-mill afternoon Sunday when Strasburg takes the mound for his second big-league start. A large crowd will be on hand and a national television audience will tune in to see if he can duplicate his fabulous debut from Tuesday night, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen