Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
CLEVELAND — Stephen Strasburg went about his normal business Saturday afternoon, playing catch, shagging flies and watching intently from the dugout as teammate J.D. Martin pitched against the Indians.
Then again, it wasn’t a totally normal day for the Nationals rookie right-hander, who spent a portion of his afternoon talking pitching with Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and then looked around the stands at Progressive Field and saw dozens of fans wearing his jersey.
And it certainly won’t be a run-of-the-mill afternoon Sunday when Strasburg takes the mound for his second big-league start. A large crowd will be on hand and a national television audience will tune in to see if he can duplicate his fabulous debut from Tuesday night, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox