Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
CLEVELAND — Stephen Strasburg went about his normal business Saturday afternoon, playing catch, shagging flies and watching intently from the dugout as teammate J.D. Martin pitched against the Indians.
Then again, it wasn’t a totally normal day for the Nationals rookie right-hander, who spent a portion of his afternoon talking pitching with Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and then looked around the stands at Progressive Field and saw dozens of fans wearing his jersey.
And it certainly won’t be a run-of-the-mill afternoon Sunday when Strasburg takes the mound for his second big-league start. A large crowd will be on hand and a national television audience will tune in to see if he can duplicate his fabulous debut from Tuesday night, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats