Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
CLEVELAND — Stephen Strasburg went about his normal business Saturday afternoon, playing catch, shagging flies and watching intently from the dugout as teammate J.D. Martin pitched against the Indians.
Then again, it wasn’t a totally normal day for the Nationals rookie right-hander, who spent a portion of his afternoon talking pitching with Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and then looked around the stands at Progressive Field and saw dozens of fans wearing his jersey.
And it certainly won’t be a run-of-the-mill afternoon Sunday when Strasburg takes the mound for his second big-league start. A large crowd will be on hand and a national television audience will tune in to see if he can duplicate his fabulous debut from Tuesday night, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will the Nationals miss LaRoche?
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats