Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
CLEVELAND — Stephen Strasburg went about his normal business Saturday afternoon, playing catch, shagging flies and watching intently from the dugout as teammate J.D. Martin pitched against the Indians.
Then again, it wasn’t a totally normal day for the Nationals rookie right-hander, who spent a portion of his afternoon talking pitching with Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and then looked around the stands at Progressive Field and saw dozens of fans wearing his jersey.
And it certainly won’t be a run-of-the-mill afternoon Sunday when Strasburg takes the mound for his second big-league start. A large crowd will be on hand and a national television audience will tune in to see if he can duplicate his fabulous debut from Tuesday night, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals