Jun 14, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
UPDATE AT 4:00 P.M. — Stephen Strasburg has been named National League Player of the Week. For these purposes, MLB starts the week on Monday, so both of Strasburg’s starts were taken into consideration. He beat out, among others, teammate Adam Dunn (who only hit .455 with four homers over the same span).
DETROIT — I really don’t know why this is causing so much confusion, but my email inbox and Twitter account have been flooded all day with people wanting to know when Stephen Strasburg makes his next start.
So, one last time: He starts Friday night against the White Sox. It doesn’t matter that Fox picked up Saturday’s game and moved it to a 4:10 p.m. start. Jim Riggleman has said Strasburg will pitch every five DAYS, not every five games until the All-Star break.
As always, this is subject to change based on weather and other factors that can disrupt a team’s rotation. But barring anything like that, Strasburg will start Friday night.
Are we clear?
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 12:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Braves 7:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Hard-hit balls equal hard-luck loss for Nationals
- Fister, Nationals hard-luck losers in pitchers duel
- Asdrubal Cabrera joins Nats after trade, starts at second base
- Nationals send slumping Barrett to AAA
- Asdrubal Cabrera makes his debut
- Nats activate Asdrubal Cabrera, option Aaron Barrett
- MLB Power Rankings: Deadline shakeup in the AL
- Nationals bullpen in surprising rut
- Gio Gonzalez stumbles again in Nats' 10-4 loss to Phillies
- Pitchers' duel becomes battle of bullpens in Nationals 10-4 loss