Jun 14, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
UPDATE AT 4:00 P.M. — Stephen Strasburg has been named National League Player of the Week. For these purposes, MLB starts the week on Monday, so both of Strasburg’s starts were taken into consideration. He beat out, among others, teammate Adam Dunn (who only hit .455 with four homers over the same span).
DETROIT — I really don’t know why this is causing so much confusion, but my email inbox and Twitter account have been flooded all day with people wanting to know when Stephen Strasburg makes his next start.
So, one last time: He starts Friday night against the White Sox. It doesn’t matter that Fox picked up Saturday’s game and moved it to a 4:10 p.m. start. Jim Riggleman has said Strasburg will pitch every five DAYS, not every five games until the All-Star break.
As always, this is subject to change based on weather and other factors that can disrupt a team’s rotation. But barring anything like that, Strasburg will start Friday night.
Are we clear?
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.