Jun 15, 2010, 10:10 PM EST
DETROIT — You've been asking for them. You're getting them. Here we go…
– Scott Olsen has been sent to Viera to continue rehabbing his injured left shoulder, but he has been shut down from throwing for now. "He's still in the no-throw mode," general manager Mike Rizzo said. Doesn't sound to me like we can expect him to be back anytime soon.
– Chien-Ming Wang is "still on track for somewhere in mid-July," Rizzo said. He continues to throw off a mound in Viera and has also faced live hitters in BP. His next step is to pitch in simulated games. If Wang really is going to be back in mid-July, that would indicate he would need to start a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or two, though Rizzo said he's not sure yet when that will actually take place.
– Jesus Flores has begun throwing to bases in simulated games in Viera. "He's on the right track," Rizzo said. Asked if it's a certainty he'll be back in the majors this season, the GM replied: "Yes, I think it's a certainty, unless he has a setback. But we're planning on having him back this year." Before that can happen, though, Flores will need to show he can play a full, nine-inning game with full throwing capabilities without any restrictions.
– Ross Detwiler made his second rehab start on Sunday, allowing one run on four hits in 3 2/3 innings for Class AA Harrisburg. The left-hander hit 93 mph with his fastball, struck out six and walkedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres