Jun 15, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
DETROIT — You've been asking for them. You're getting them. Here we go…
– Scott Olsen has been sent to Viera to continue rehabbing his injured left shoulder, but he has been shut down from throwing for now. "He's still in the no-throw mode," general manager Mike Rizzo said. Doesn't sound to me like we can expect him to be back anytime soon.
– Chien-Ming Wang is "still on track for somewhere in mid-July," Rizzo said. He continues to throw off a mound in Viera and has also faced live hitters in BP. His next step is to pitch in simulated games. If Wang really is going to be back in mid-July, that would indicate he would need to start a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or two, though Rizzo said he's not sure yet when that will actually take place.
– Jesus Flores has begun throwing to bases in simulated games in Viera. "He's on the right track," Rizzo said. Asked if it's a certainty he'll be back in the majors this season, the GM replied: "Yes, I think it's a certainty, unless he has a setback. But we're planning on having him back this year." Before that can happen, though, Flores will need to show he can play a full, nine-inning game with full throwing capabilities without any restrictions.
– Ross Detwiler made his second rehab start on Sunday, allowing one run on four hits in 3 2/3 innings for Class AA Harrisburg. The left-hander hit 93 mph with his fastball, struck out six and walkedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale