Jun 15, 2010, 10:10 PM EST
DETROIT — You've been asking for them. You're getting them. Here we go…
— Scott Olsen has been sent to Viera to continue rehabbing his injured left shoulder, but he has been shut down from throwing for now. "He's still in the no-throw mode," general manager Mike Rizzo said. Doesn't sound to me like we can expect him to be back anytime soon.
— Chien-Ming Wang is "still on track for somewhere in mid-July," Rizzo said. He continues to throw off a mound in Viera and has also faced live hitters in BP. His next step is to pitch in simulated games. If Wang really is going to be back in mid-July, that would indicate he would need to start a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or two, though Rizzo said he's not sure yet when that will actually take place.
— Jesus Flores has begun throwing to bases in simulated games in Viera. "He's on the right track," Rizzo said. Asked if it's a certainty he'll be back in the majors this season, the GM replied: "Yes, I think it's a certainty, unless he has a setback. But we're planning on having him back this year." Before that can happen, though, Flores will need to show he can play a full, nine-inning game with full throwing capabilities without any restrictions.
— Ross Detwiler made his second rehab start on Sunday, allowing one run on four hits in 3 2/3 innings for Class AA Harrisburg. The left-hander hit 93 mph with his fastball, struck out six and walkedRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher