Jun 15, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
DETROIT — You've been asking for them. You're getting them. Here we go…
– Scott Olsen has been sent to Viera to continue rehabbing his injured left shoulder, but he has been shut down from throwing for now. "He's still in the no-throw mode," general manager Mike Rizzo said. Doesn't sound to me like we can expect him to be back anytime soon.
– Chien-Ming Wang is "still on track for somewhere in mid-July," Rizzo said. He continues to throw off a mound in Viera and has also faced live hitters in BP. His next step is to pitch in simulated games. If Wang really is going to be back in mid-July, that would indicate he would need to start a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or two, though Rizzo said he's not sure yet when that will actually take place.
– Jesus Flores has begun throwing to bases in simulated games in Viera. "He's on the right track," Rizzo said. Asked if it's a certainty he'll be back in the majors this season, the GM replied: "Yes, I think it's a certainty, unless he has a setback. But we're planning on having him back this year." Before that can happen, though, Flores will need to show he can play a full, nine-inning game with full throwing capabilities without any restrictions.
– Ross Detwiler made his second rehab start on Sunday, allowing one run on four hits in 3 2/3 innings for Class AA Harrisburg. The left-hander hit 93 mph with his fastball, struck out six and walkedRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year