Jun 15, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
DETROIT — Increased attention on the Nationals has not translated into increased All-Star votes.
Major League Baseball just released this week's NL All-Star balloting results, and nothing has changed from the previous releases. The only Nationals player to rank in the top five at any infield position or the top 15 in the outfield is Ivan Rodriguez, who is third among catchers.
Rodriguez has received 805,089 votes; he trails the Cardinals' Yadier Molina (1,047,411) and the Braves' Brian McCann (959,033).
Ryan Zimmerman, who leads all NL third baseman with a .977 OPS, trails the Phillies' Placido Polanco, the Mets' David Wright, the Braves' Chipper Jones, the Brewers' Casey McGehee and the Reds' Scott Rolen.
Adam Dunn, who ranks second only to Albert Pujols in OPS among NL first basemen, trails the St. Louis slugger, the Phillies' Ryan Howard, the Brewers' Prince Fielder, the Braves' Troy Glaus and the Reds' JoeyRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"