Jun 16, 2010, 12:04 AM EST
DETROIT — On the day Ivan Rodriguez is inducted into the Hall of Fame — a day no one doubts will come five years after he retires — a parade of former managers and teammates will rave about one of the greatest catching careers in baseball history. And first in line will be Jim Leyland.
“He’s a remarkable guy, he really is,” the Tigers manager said today. “It’s amazing what he’s done.”
There’s still one big milestone left for Pudge to reach: the 3,000-hit club. No full-time catcher has ever done it, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Leyland is convinced Rodriguez will do it.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?