Jun 16, 2010, 12:04 AM EST
DETROIT — On the day Ivan Rodriguez is inducted into the Hall of Fame — a day no one doubts will come five years after he retires — a parade of former managers and teammates will rave about one of the greatest catching careers in baseball history. And first in line will be Jim Leyland.
“He’s a remarkable guy, he really is,” the Tigers manager said today. “It’s amazing what he’s done.”
There’s still one big milestone left for Pudge to reach: the 3,000-hit club. No full-time catcher has ever done it, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Leyland is convinced Rodriguez will do it.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres