Jun 16, 2010, 12:04 AM EDT
DETROIT — On the day Ivan Rodriguez is inducted into the Hall of Fame — a day no one doubts will come five years after he retires — a parade of former managers and teammates will rave about one of the greatest catching careers in baseball history. And first in line will be Jim Leyland.
“He’s a remarkable guy, he really is,” the Tigers manager said today. “It’s amazing what he’s done.”
There’s still one big milestone left for Pudge to reach: the 3,000-hit club. No full-time catcher has ever done it, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Leyland is convinced Rodriguez will do it.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order