Jun 18, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats are back home, and Stephen Strasburg is back on the mound.
Hello again from Nationals Park, where the Nats return following a brutal 1-5 road trip through Cleveland and Detroit that included a sweep at the hands of the Tigers. Actually, the only game this team has won in a week was Stephen Strasburg's last start.
Fortunately, the kid's on the mound tonight, looking to stop yet another losing streak. He was originally due to face Mark Buehrle, but then Jake Peavy was dealing with some shoulder problems and was bumped back two days, so Buehrle and Gavin Floyd were bumped up. Thus, Floyd starts tonight, with Peavy (Strasburg's favorite pitcher growing up in San Diego) starts tomorrow.
Jim Riggleman returns to his conventional lineup for this one. Nyjer Morgan is leading off in center field. Cristian Guzman is batting second and playing second. Michael Morse is back on the bench.
Check back for updates throughout…
WHITE SOX at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN-HD, MLB Network (outside of D.C. and Chicago)
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 81 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?
- Report: Marlins showing strong interest in LaRoche
- Nats minor league coordinator Beasley leaves for Rangers
- Former Nats RP Duke gets paid after career turnaround
- Braves to meet with top free agent Jon Lester