Jun 19, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats will try to end a four-game losing streak tonight.
In the wake of last night's hullabaloo over Stephen Strasburg and Barack Obama, let's not forget the Nationals are stuck in a four-game losing streak and have fallen to a season-worst six games under .500.
The struggles have been particularly pronounced at the plate, where the Nats have scored a total of 11 runs over these last four games, striking out 40 times while drawing only five walks (two intentional).
Jim Riggleman and Co. have insisted all along the hits will start falling, that guys are putting together good at-bats and have just hit a few shots right at people. They also point out they've faced some tough pitching in the last week. I'll let you decide whether you agree or disagree with that line of thinking.
I'll also let you discuss tonight's game among yourselves. I'm taking the rest of the weekend off to spend time with family. Enjoy the game!…
WHITE SOX at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees