Jun 20, 2010, 3:25 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Desperate for a win, the Nats close out their series with Chicago today.
Is it time to panic in NatsTown?
Five straight losses. Eleven total runs scored. Seven games under .500. If nothing else, this certainly qualifies as the low point of the season to date. Some might even call it rock bottom.
These Nationals have been pretty good all along at focusing on nothing but that day's game. They don't look back. They don't look forward. It's the mindset you have to take to survive a 162-game season.
So the pressure today, then, is on John Lannan. Coming off one of the worst starts of his career in Detroit, the left-hander hopes he's figured out how to get his sinker to sink again: a little tweak in his arm angle that he believes came about because he was overcompensated out of fear he might re-injure his elbow. We'll see if he's able to rediscover his form today against the White Sox and Freddy Garcia.
I'm not covering the game today. Spending Father's Day with my own dad, David Zuckerman, and my father-in-law, Mark Friend. Hope the rest of you out there have a fabulous day, whether you're at the ballpark or somewhere else with family and friends!
WHITE SOX at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50-HD, MASN-HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers