Jun 22, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
While “Clipp and Save” are enjoying life in the spotlight tonight, their nicknames on T-shirts handed out to fans entering the ballpark, credit is due to the entire Nationals’ bullpen. While other facets of the roster have experienced ups and downs through the season’s first three months, this relief corps has remained remarkably consistent.
Nats relivers carried a 3.45 ERA into tonight’s game, fourth-best in the National League and seventh-best in the majors. Six of the group’s seven regulars — right-hander Joel Peralta just joined the roster yesterday — owned ERAs under 4.00, and the worst of the bunch (Miguel Batista) has been plenty respectable with a 4.23 ERA.
Then there’s this: Since Drew Storen’s arrival on May 17, the entire Washington bullpen has posted a 2.51 ERA. Read all about that and more on csnwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss