Jun 22, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
While “Clipp and Save” are enjoying life in the spotlight tonight, their nicknames on T-shirts handed out to fans entering the ballpark, credit is due to the entire Nationals’ bullpen. While other facets of the roster have experienced ups and downs through the season’s first three months, this relief corps has remained remarkably consistent.
Nats relivers carried a 3.45 ERA into tonight’s game, fourth-best in the National League and seventh-best in the majors. Six of the group’s seven regulars — right-hander Joel Peralta just joined the roster yesterday — owned ERAs under 4.00, and the worst of the bunch (Miguel Batista) has been plenty respectable with a 4.23 ERA.
Then there’s this: Since Drew Storen’s arrival on May 17, the entire Washington bullpen has posted a 2.51 ERA. Read all about that and more on csnwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?