Jun 25, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
BALTIMORE — Willie Harris is a realist. He knows he’s not carrying his weight right now. Actually, he knows he’s not hitting his weight, either.
The Nationals’ super-utility man carried a paltry .151 batting average into tonight’s game against the Orioles and an 0-for-20 streak that dates back to June 3, the last time he reached base safely. A prideful veteran who has established himself as a valuable big leaguer over the course of his career, Harris beats himself up just as much as Nats fans who groan every time he comes off the bench in a key spot and fails to produce.
As you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Harris believes he would produce more if he got more chances to play. He also knows his poor performance means he doesn’t deserve to play any more.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge