Jun 25, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
BALTIMORE — Willie Harris is a realist. He knows he’s not carrying his weight right now. Actually, he knows he’s not hitting his weight, either.
The Nationals’ super-utility man carried a paltry .151 batting average into tonight’s game against the Orioles and an 0-for-20 streak that dates back to June 3, the last time he reached base safely. A prideful veteran who has established himself as a valuable big leaguer over the course of his career, Harris beats himself up just as much as Nats fans who groan every time he comes off the bench in a key spot and fails to produce.
As you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Harris believes he would produce more if he got more chances to play. He also knows his poor performance means he doesn’t deserve to play any more.
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins