Jun 25, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
BALTIMORE — Willie Harris is a realist. He knows he’s not carrying his weight right now. Actually, he knows he’s not hitting his weight, either.
The Nationals’ super-utility man carried a paltry .151 batting average into tonight’s game against the Orioles and an 0-for-20 streak that dates back to June 3, the last time he reached base safely. A prideful veteran who has established himself as a valuable big leaguer over the course of his career, Harris beats himself up just as much as Nats fans who groan every time he comes off the bench in a key spot and fails to produce.
As you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, Harris believes he would produce more if he got more chances to play. He also knows his poor performance means he doesn’t deserve to play any more.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats