Jun 26, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
They'll be turning back the clocks at Camden Yards today.
Fresh off a devastating, 7-6 loss last night, the Nationals return to Camden Yards this afternoon hoping to rebound against the Orioles.
For anyone who was infuriated with Cristian Guzman's defense last night, rest assured: He's DH'ing today, with Adam Kennedy at second base. For anyone who believes Michael Morse should be in the lineup every day, sorry: He's back on the bench, with Roger Bernadina in right field. No other changes from Jim Riggleman.
Don't get confused when you turn on today's game and see an old-but-familiar uniform worn by the Nationals. The Orioles are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their 1970 World Series title, and a number of players from that team will be in attendance (including Frank Robinson). They'll be wearing 1970s-era uniforms, with the old cartoon bird logo on the hat. The Nats, meanwhile, will be wearing 1970 Senators jerseys (gray, with "Senators" in red script across the front). The hats will actually be their regular home reds, since that's what the Senators wore back in the day.
I won't be at today's game, so no updates or postgame reports, but I'll be back at Camden Yards tomorrow for the series finale. As always, please feel free to chat with each other about the game or any other issues that come up…
NATIONALS at ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 4:05 p.m.
TV: MASN-HD (Nats pregame and postgame shows on MASN2)
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 93 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
DH Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team