Jun 27, 2010, 10:30 PM EDT
BALTIMORE — Twelve losses in their last 15 games. Six of those losses by one run, including four straight. And a weekend sweep at the hands of baseball’s worst team after leading each of those games by at least three runs.
Suffice it to say, the Nationals’ clubhouse is not the happiest place on earth these days.
“It’s terrible. It’s devastating,” said Tyler Clippard, the pitcher of record in today’s 4-3 loss to the Orioles. “We’re battling our butts off. We’re playing good. But we’re coming up short. It’s not fun.”
Plenty of questions were raised this weekend, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, the Nats believe they have the mental toughness to overcome this incredibly difficult stretch of baseball.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday