Jun 27, 2010, 10:30 PM EST
BALTIMORE — Twelve losses in their last 15 games. Six of those losses by one run, including four straight. And a weekend sweep at the hands of baseball’s worst team after leading each of those games by at least three runs.
Suffice it to say, the Nationals’ clubhouse is not the happiest place on earth these days.
“It’s terrible. It’s devastating,” said Tyler Clippard, the pitcher of record in today’s 4-3 loss to the Orioles. “We’re battling our butts off. We’re playing good. But we’re coming up short. It’s not fun.”
Plenty of questions were raised this weekend, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, the Nats believe they have the mental toughness to overcome this incredibly difficult stretch of baseball.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect