Jun 27, 2010, 10:30 PM EST
BALTIMORE — Twelve losses in their last 15 games. Six of those losses by one run, including four straight. And a weekend sweep at the hands of baseball’s worst team after leading each of those games by at least three runs.
Suffice it to say, the Nationals’ clubhouse is not the happiest place on earth these days.
“It’s terrible. It’s devastating,” said Tyler Clippard, the pitcher of record in today’s 4-3 loss to the Orioles. “We’re battling our butts off. We’re playing good. But we’re coming up short. It’s not fun.”
Plenty of questions were raised this weekend, but as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com, the Nats believe they have the mental toughness to overcome this incredibly difficult stretch of baseball.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos