Jul 1, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals open a 10-game homestand tonight against the Mets.
What an absolutely gorgeous day here in D.C. After experiencing all the heat and humidity of the last few weeks, especially in Baltimore and Atlanta, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to step off the plane at Dulles today and actually feel a cool, dry breeze.
Perhaps the Nationals will be reinvigorated by the nice weather. Hey, whatever it takes at this point, right? With a wretched 8-19 June now behind them, they will attempt to close out the season's first half on a much more pleasant note. They've got 10 straight games at home, beginning tonight against the Mets.
Unfortunately, Johan Santana is on the mound for New York, and far lesser pitchers have dominated the Nats in recent weeks. Jim Riggleman is going with his conventional lineup vs. left-handers (Michael Morse in right field). Wil Nieves also is behind the plate after Ivan Rodriguez caught all three games in Atlanta.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate