Jul 1, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals open a 10-game homestand tonight against the Mets.
What an absolutely gorgeous day here in D.C. After experiencing all the heat and humidity of the last few weeks, especially in Baltimore and Atlanta, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to step off the plane at Dulles today and actually feel a cool, dry breeze.
Perhaps the Nationals will be reinvigorated by the nice weather. Hey, whatever it takes at this point, right? With a wretched 8-19 June now behind them, they will attempt to close out the season's first half on a much more pleasant note. They've got 10 straight games at home, beginning tonight against the Mets.
Unfortunately, Johan Santana is on the mound for New York, and far lesser pitchers have dominated the Nats in recent weeks. Jim Riggleman is going with his conventional lineup vs. left-handers (Michael Morse in right field). Wil Nieves also is behind the plate after Ivan Rodriguez caught all three games in Atlanta.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation