Jul 2, 2010, 7:26 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's walk-off win, the Nats attempt to make it two in a row.
It's kind of hard to believe the Nationals will hit the midway point of the season tonight. Really, doesn't it seem like that Opening Day fiasco against the Phillies just happened yesterday?
But there it is in bold type at the top of this post: Game 81. The Nats have gotten to this point in unconventional fashion, winning 20 of their first 35 games and then losing 30 of their last 45. But if they beat the Mets tonight, they'll sit at 36-45. That's a 72-win pace, a 13-game improvement over last year. Deep down, wouldn't you all take that at the end of 2010?
Luis Atilano faces lefty Jonathon Niese tonight. Jim Riggleman sticks with his same lineup from last night, aside from Ivan Rodriguez taking over again behind the plate and Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman flip-flopping spots. Center fielder Angel Pagan returns for the Mets after sitting out last night with muscle spasms in his side, but shortstop Jose Reyes remains out with his own oblique/back injury.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?