Jul 2, 2010, 7:26 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's walk-off win, the Nats attempt to make it two in a row.
It's kind of hard to believe the Nationals will hit the midway point of the season tonight. Really, doesn't it seem like that Opening Day fiasco against the Phillies just happened yesterday?
But there it is in bold type at the top of this post: Game 81. The Nats have gotten to this point in unconventional fashion, winning 20 of their first 35 games and then losing 30 of their last 45. But if they beat the Mets tonight, they'll sit at 36-45. That's a 72-win pace, a 13-game improvement over last year. Deep down, wouldn't you all take that at the end of 2010?
Luis Atilano faces lefty Jonathon Niese tonight. Jim Riggleman sticks with his same lineup from last night, aside from Ivan Rodriguez taking over again behind the plate and Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman flip-flopping spots. Center fielder Angel Pagan returns for the Mets after sitting out last night with muscle spasms in his side, but shortstop Jose Reyes remains out with his own oblique/back injury.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 1st place Nationals try to take another in Cincinnati
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats trending up after big week
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game