Jul 2, 2010, 7:26 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's walk-off win, the Nats attempt to make it two in a row.
It's kind of hard to believe the Nationals will hit the midway point of the season tonight. Really, doesn't it seem like that Opening Day fiasco against the Phillies just happened yesterday?
But there it is in bold type at the top of this post: Game 81. The Nats have gotten to this point in unconventional fashion, winning 20 of their first 35 games and then losing 30 of their last 45. But if they beat the Mets tonight, they'll sit at 36-45. That's a 72-win pace, a 13-game improvement over last year. Deep down, wouldn't you all take that at the end of 2010?
Luis Atilano faces lefty Jonathon Niese tonight. Jim Riggleman sticks with his same lineup from last night, aside from Ivan Rodriguez taking over again behind the plate and Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman flip-flopping spots. Center fielder Angel Pagan returns for the Mets after sitting out last night with muscle spasms in his side, but shortstop Jose Reyes remains out with his own oblique/back injury.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast