Jul 3, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Another full house is expected today for Strasmas Part VI.
Hope everyone in NatsTown is enjoying the holiday weekend. No, not Independence Day. Strasmas. This is no ordinary, once-a-year holiday. This one comes every five days, and rarely does it disappoint.
OK, so the Nationals have lost Stephen Strasburg's last three starts. It wasn't the pitcher's fault. Over the long haul, he's going to win many more games than he loses. Perhaps both the rookie and his team will get back on the winning track today against the Mets.
This would be a nice time to do it, since this start is being televised to most of the country on Fox. They'll be doing the pregame show live from Nationals Park, then Joe Buck, Kevin Millar and Ken Rosenthal will have the call at 4:10 p.m. Expect plenty of debate about Strasburg's All-Star merits (seeing as how rosters will be announced tomorrow and Fox is televising the midsummer classic in 10 days).
Only thing out-of-the-ordinary about Jim Riggleman's lineup today: Cristian Guzman is on the bench, with Adam Kennedy at second base. That bumps Roger Bernadina up to the 2-hole. Hopefully he doesn't get picked off at a crucial moment in this game.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 87 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to LF
(Includes change made at 3 p.m.: Bernadina scratched, Harris in right field)
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Willie Harris
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers