Jul 3, 2010, 11:18 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann's first start in nearly a year was a relative success. Pitching for Class A Potomac this evening, the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings against Wilmington.
Zimmermann consistently hit 94 mph with his fastball and topped out at 95 mph, according to reporters in attendance.
Thus begins the next phase of the 24-year-old's return from a major injury. The Nationals will slowly ramp up his pitch count from here, allowing him to throw three innings in his next start,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats need Cole to come up big in MLB debut
- Martin optioned to AAA to make room for Cole
- The Baseball Show: Looking ahead to Rendon's return
- Bumgarner strongly disagrees with Scherzer's DH comments
- Can Nats channel emotion into something good?
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing