Jul 4, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats host the Mets on a gorgeous Independence Day in the District.
Happy Independence Day, everyone. And what better way to celebrate than by watching a ballgame in the nation's capital?
The Nationals will look to make the day really special by defeating the Mets and taking three of four from their division rivals during this long weekend series. Craig Stammen gets the ball for the Nats, hoping to duplicate his impressive return to the rotation last week in Atlanta. Left-hander Hisanori Takahashi starts for New York.
Jim Riggleman planned to start Roger Bernadina in center field today and give Nyjer Morgan the day off, but Bernadina's back is still bothering him, so he again will be out. Alberto Gonzalez starts at shortstop. Wil Nieves is behind the plate.
Check back for updates throughout…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50, MASN
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 90 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense