Jul 4, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats host the Mets on a gorgeous Independence Day in the District.
Happy Independence Day, everyone. And what better way to celebrate than by watching a ballgame in the nation's capital?
The Nationals will look to make the day really special by defeating the Mets and taking three of four from their division rivals during this long weekend series. Craig Stammen gets the ball for the Nats, hoping to duplicate his impressive return to the rotation last week in Atlanta. Left-hander Hisanori Takahashi starts for New York.
Jim Riggleman planned to start Roger Bernadina in center field today and give Nyjer Morgan the day off, but Bernadina's back is still bothering him, so he again will be out. Alberto Gonzalez starts at shortstop. Wil Nieves is behind the plate.
Check back for updates throughout…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50, MASN
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 90 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal