Jul 6, 2010, 11:32 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg heard — and was flattered by — all the talk about his possible All-Star candidacy. In the end, though, the rookie ace didn’t believe he deserved that honor only six starts into his big-league career.
“I really didn’t feel like I was qualified to make the team … based on how much experience I have,” Strasburg said before tonight’s game against the Padres. “I’m sure I’ll have opportunities somewhere down the road. But right now, it was never a goal of mine.”
Read more All-Star quotes from Strasburg, and about the Nats’ plan to team up with the Rangers in an attempt to get both Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Young voted in as the final men on each league’s roster, on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees