Jul 7, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's heroics, the Nats look to win in more conventional fashion.
Did you know the Nationals' last three wins have all come in walk-off fashion in the bottom of the ninth? You can even look it up!
Thursday vs. Mets: Ryan Zimmerman's sac fly scores Willie Harris. Nats win 2-1.
Saturday vs. Mets: Ivan Rodriguez's bases-loaded single to right scores Zimmerman to cap a three-run comeback and seal a 6-5 victory.
Last night vs. Padres: Zimmerman homers off Luke Gregerson to give the Nats a 6-5 win.
Actually, it could have been four walk-off wins in the last week had Roger Bernadina not been picked off second base Friday night and Harris had a chance to drive in the winning run.
So the Nationals clearly have established their ability to come from behind or pull out a late victory. Perhaps tonight they'll manage to take an early lead, hold it and then finish the Padres off in more conventional fashion. J.D. Martin faces Jon Garland on another disgustingly hot night on South Capitol Street.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
PADRES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 96 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?