Jul 8, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann turned in another impressive showing in his second rehab start earlier today.
Starting once again for Class A Potomac, Zimmermann tossed three scoreless innings at Frederick, allowing one hit with five strikeouts and no walks. He threw 45 pitches, 30 for strikes, in the next step in the right-hander’s recovery from major elbow surgery.
Zimmermann, who had Tommy John surgery last August, has yet to surrender a run in five rehab innings with Potomac. He also hasn’t walked a batter, though he did hit one during today’s game.
The Nationals haven’t announced plans yet for Zimmermann’s next outing, though he’ll be scheduled to pitch four innings whenever and wherever the start takes place. If he continues to progress as hoped, the 24-year-old figures to come off the 60-day disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in August.
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test
- Nationals win in Zimmerman's return
- Zimmerman begins race to get ready for October