Jul 8, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann turned in another impressive showing in his second rehab start earlier today.
Starting once again for Class A Potomac, Zimmermann tossed three scoreless innings at Frederick, allowing one hit with five strikeouts and no walks. He threw 45 pitches, 30 for strikes, in the next step in the right-hander’s recovery from major elbow surgery.
Zimmermann, who had Tommy John surgery last August, has yet to surrender a run in five rehab innings with Potomac. He also hasn’t walked a batter, though he did hit one during today’s game.
The Nationals haven’t announced plans yet for Zimmermann’s next outing, though he’ll be scheduled to pitch four innings whenever and wherever the start takes place. If he continues to progress as hoped, the 24-year-old figures to come off the 60-day disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in August.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle