Jul 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Winners of two straight, the Nats go for a sweep over the Padres tonight.
Heat and humidity leaving you in a bad mood? This might help you feel better: The Nationals have a chance to sweep the NL West-leading Padres.
After back-to-back, one-run victories the last two nights, the Nats have a shot to make it three in row tonight at Nationals Park. Given all that's happened around here the last couple weeks, that would be quite the positive development.
It won't be easy. The Padres send a really talented right-hander to the mound in Mat Latos, who was born in Alexandria and apparently still has friends and family who live in Northern Virginia who will be on hand tonight. Luis Atilano will have to be in top form, and the Nats' lineup will have to continue what it's done the last two nights.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
PADRES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 10 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend
- Nats call up Xavier Cedeno, send Blake Treinen to Syracuse
- Nationals need a bounce-back vs. Cardinals
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter