Jul 9, 2010, 12:01 AM EDT
The Nationals announced this evening they have signed three more draft picks, including third-round selection Rick Hague.
Hague, a shortstop from Rice University, hit .340 with 15 homers, 55 RBI and a .591 slugging percentage in his junior season. He did, however, commit 23 errors in 62 games, prompting Nationals scouts to say he’s most likely to advance through the minors as a second or third baseman.
The Nats also signed seventh-round pick Kevin Keyes (an outfielder from the University of Texas) and 32nd-round pick Randolph Oduber (an outfielder from Western Oklahoma State).
So far, the Nationals have come to terms with 28 of 50 picks from last month’s draft. Still unsigned, of course, are No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper (who is not expected to sign until the August 15 deadline), second-rounder Sammy Solis and fourth-rounder A.J. Cole (a first-round talent who has committed to the University of Miami and will be a tough sign).
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate