Jul 9, 2010, 12:01 AM EDT
The Nationals announced this evening they have signed three more draft picks, including third-round selection Rick Hague.
Hague, a shortstop from Rice University, hit .340 with 15 homers, 55 RBI and a .591 slugging percentage in his junior season. He did, however, commit 23 errors in 62 games, prompting Nationals scouts to say he’s most likely to advance through the minors as a second or third baseman.
The Nats also signed seventh-round pick Kevin Keyes (an outfielder from the University of Texas) and 32nd-round pick Randolph Oduber (an outfielder from Western Oklahoma State).
So far, the Nationals have come to terms with 28 of 50 picks from last month’s draft. Still unsigned, of course, are No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper (who is not expected to sign until the August 15 deadline), second-rounder Sammy Solis and fourth-rounder A.J. Cole (a first-round talent who has committed to the University of Miami and will be a tough sign).
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent