Jul 9, 2010, 12:01 AM EDT
The Nationals announced this evening they have signed three more draft picks, including third-round selection Rick Hague.
Hague, a shortstop from Rice University, hit .340 with 15 homers, 55 RBI and a .591 slugging percentage in his junior season. He did, however, commit 23 errors in 62 games, prompting Nationals scouts to say he’s most likely to advance through the minors as a second or third baseman.
The Nats also signed seventh-round pick Kevin Keyes (an outfielder from the University of Texas) and 32nd-round pick Randolph Oduber (an outfielder from Western Oklahoma State).
So far, the Nationals have come to terms with 28 of 50 picks from last month’s draft. Still unsigned, of course, are No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper (who is not expected to sign until the August 15 deadline), second-rounder Sammy Solis and fourth-rounder A.J. Cole (a first-round talent who has committed to the University of Miami and will be a tough sign).
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season