Jul 9, 2010, 12:01 AM EST
The Nationals announced this evening they have signed three more draft picks, including third-round selection Rick Hague.
Hague, a shortstop from Rice University, hit .340 with 15 homers, 55 RBI and a .591 slugging percentage in his junior season. He did, however, commit 23 errors in 62 games, prompting Nationals scouts to say he’s most likely to advance through the minors as a second or third baseman.
The Nats also signed seventh-round pick Kevin Keyes (an outfielder from the University of Texas) and 32nd-round pick Randolph Oduber (an outfielder from Western Oklahoma State).
So far, the Nationals have come to terms with 28 of 50 picks from last month’s draft. Still unsigned, of course, are No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper (who is not expected to sign until the August 15 deadline), second-rounder Sammy Solis and fourth-rounder A.J. Cole (a first-round talent who has committed to the University of Miami and will be a tough sign).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?