Jul 12, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg's arrival highlighted the first half of the Nationals' season.
Was the first half of the Nationals' season eventful? Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall?
Quite a bit has happened in NatsTown since Barack Obama threw out the first pitch on April 5, from that Opening Day debacle against the Phillies to a string of dramatic victories over the last week. There's plenty to rehash, analyze and criticize, and there's plenty to look ahead to in the season's second half.
I'll try to touch on all of that the next few days as the All-Star break continues, but I wanted to start with a look back at the most significant moments of the first half. Here are some of the best (and the worst) of the last 3 1/2 months…
July 3: Nats 6, Mets 5
What began as Strasmas VI, with a sellout crowd at Nationals Park (and a national TV audience on Fox) eager to watch Stephen Strasburg take down the Mets on Independence Eve, turned into something far more incredible. Strasburg labored through five innings, though he kept the damage to only two runs. When Tyler Clippard entered for the eighth and allowed three runs to put New York up 5-2, the dayRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 12:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitchers' duel becomes battle of bullpens in Nationals 10-4 loss
- Mike Rizzo: Cabrera deal was made out of necessity (VIDEO)
- Nats make deadline move for Asdrubal Cabrera
- Gio, Nats host Phillies for first of four-game set at Nationals Park
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals Stock Watch: Roark leading Nats' rotation
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip