Jul 14, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ryan Zimmerman has set a high standard for himself, which affects his grade.
OK, class, settle down. Time to pay attention. I've gone through all of your midterm exams and now it's time to tell you how you did.
I'm pleased to report that several of you did an outstanding job: Mr. Dunn, Mr. Zimmerman, Mr. Willingham, Mr. Clippard, Mr. Capps. Even Mr. Strasburg and Mr. Storen, who I know didn't join our class until recently but showed impressive aptitude in catching up to the rest of the group.
On the other hand, I'm very disappointed in the work turned in by a few of you. Mr. Harris: I expected more of you. Same for you, Mr. Kennedy. And Mr. Marquis? Well, I don't even know where to begin.
Overall, this class performed better than I probably expected it would this semester. Everyone worked extremely hard, so everyone gets an A for effort. But that's only a portion of your overall grade. This is a class based on actual results.
So with that, here is your midterm report card. If anyone wants to dispute their grade, I'll be available for office hours…
LUIS ATILANO: C
I had no expectation for you when you arrived. (Truthfully, I barely knew you existed.) But you turned some heads and impressed with your ability. I'm still not sure if you're worthy of a permanent spot in this class, but you'll probably get another chance to show me whetherRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate