Jul 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Sun Life Stadium, the cavernous home of the Florida Marlins.
MIAMI — Good afternoon from the home of the Florida Marlins, which during the 17 years of their existence has boasted only seven different names: Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Stadium, Pro Player Park, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark Stadium and now Sun Life Stadium.
You think the Marlins are just a wee bit eager to move into their new baseball-only, retractable-roof ballpark in 2012? They've already begun the countdown, with a sign on the left-field fence declaring only 118 more games at this monstrosity until the big move.
The real shame of this place is that it seats like 70,000 people. So even though the Marlins are expecting an above-normal crowd of 25,000 for the second-half opener featuring Stephen Strasburg, the stadium will be only slightly more than one-third full.
Jim Riggleman goes with his standard lineup for the first game back from the All-Star break. It'll be real interesting to see how he splits up playing time at second base during this first road trip. Before the break, he suggested that Adam Kennedy will start playing more in place of Cristian Guzman. That's not the case tonight, but we'll see how this plays out.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'