Jul 17, 2010, 10:40 PM EDT
MIAMI — The Nationals have been waiting for a bevy of injured pitchers to rejoin their rotation since April. At long last, they may not have to wait much longer for the reinforcements to arrive.
Ross Detwiler, Scott Olsen, Jason Marquis and Jordan Zimmermann all should be within a month of returning to the majors, with Detwiler and Olsen perhaps only a couple weeks away.
And, according to Mike Rizzo, John Lannan may join that bunch in Washington in the near future as well.
“John is going to be a big-league pitcher this year,” Rizzo said of the left-hander, who was demoted to Class AA Harrisburg last month. “John is a major-league pitcher. He’s a go-to guy for us.”
Get Rizzo’s take on all of those pitchers on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line