Jul 17, 2010, 10:40 PM EDT
MIAMI — The Nationals have been waiting for a bevy of injured pitchers to rejoin their rotation since April. At long last, they may not have to wait much longer for the reinforcements to arrive.
Ross Detwiler, Scott Olsen, Jason Marquis and Jordan Zimmermann all should be within a month of returning to the majors, with Detwiler and Olsen perhaps only a couple weeks away.
And, according to Mike Rizzo, John Lannan may join that bunch in Washington in the near future as well.
“John is going to be a big-league pitcher this year,” Rizzo said of the left-hander, who was demoted to Class AA Harrisburg last month. “John is a major-league pitcher. He’s a go-to guy for us.”
Get Rizzo’s take on all of those pitchers on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?