Jul 17, 2010, 10:40 PM EDT
MIAMI — The Nationals have been waiting for a bevy of injured pitchers to rejoin their rotation since April. At long last, they may not have to wait much longer for the reinforcements to arrive.
Ross Detwiler, Scott Olsen, Jason Marquis and Jordan Zimmermann all should be within a month of returning to the majors, with Detwiler and Olsen perhaps only a couple weeks away.
And, according to Mike Rizzo, John Lannan may join that bunch in Washington in the near future as well.
“John is going to be a big-league pitcher this year,” Rizzo said of the left-hander, who was demoted to Class AA Harrisburg last month. “John is a major-league pitcher. He’s a go-to guy for us.”
Get Rizzo’s take on all of those pitchers on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)