Jul 18, 2010, 2:43 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals and Marlins meet in the series finale at Sun Life Stadium.
MIAMI — A very pleasant Sunday morning to you all once again from Sun Life Stadium, where the Nationals and Marlins play the rubber game of this weekend series today. We've seen a couple of pitchers' duels so far, with Stephen Strasburg beating Ricky Nolasco 4-0 and Josh Johnson beating Livan Hernandez 2-0.
Chances of another low-scoring game today? Not so good. Craig Stammen (2-3, 5.79) faces Alex Sanabia (0-1, 3.09) in less-than-enticing pitching matchup. Stammen, of course, has had his moments — four times this season he's pitched into the seventh and allowed two or fewer earned runs, including May 7 against the Marlins. But he's also been prone to some really ugly starts, including his last two — he's allowed 11 runs and 14 hits over his last 8 2/3 innings.
Couple of minor, pre-planned changes to Jim Riggleman's lineup. Wil Nieves starts behind the plate, giving Ivan Rodriguez the traditional day game after a night game off. And Ian Desmond takes a seat, with Cristian Guzman starting at shortstop and Adam Kennedy at second base.
Check back for updates throughout the day…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 89 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera