Jul 19, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Jordan Zimmermann, who was scheduled to make his fourth rehab start for Class A Potomac tonight, has been scratched due to a stiff neck.
The Nationals say the injury is not serious, and Zimmermann is expected to start sometime later this week.
The right-hander, in the final stages of rehab from last August’s Tommy John surgery, has not allowed an earned run or walked a batter in nine innings spanning three starts for Potomac over the last two weeks. He’s targeting mid-August to return to the Nats’ big-league rotation.
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis made his first rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Nationals in Viera yesterday. The veteran right-hander, rehabbing from surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow, tossed three scoreless innings, allowing two hits while striking out four.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again