Jul 19, 2010, 10:05 PM EST
CINCINNATI — Jordan Zimmermann, who was scheduled to make his fourth rehab start for Class A Potomac tonight, has been scratched due to a stiff neck.
The Nationals say the injury is not serious, and Zimmermann is expected to start sometime later this week.
The right-hander, in the final stages of rehab from last August’s Tommy John surgery, has not allowed an earned run or walked a batter in nine innings spanning three starts for Potomac over the last two weeks. He’s targeting mid-August to return to the Nats’ big-league rotation.
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis made his first rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Nationals in Viera yesterday. The veteran right-hander, rehabbing from surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow, tossed three scoreless innings, allowing two hits while striking out four.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing