Jul 19, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Jordan Zimmermann, who was scheduled to make his fourth rehab start for Class A Potomac tonight, has been scratched due to a stiff neck.
The Nationals say the injury is not serious, and Zimmermann is expected to start sometime later this week.
The right-hander, in the final stages of rehab from last August’s Tommy John surgery, has not allowed an earned run or walked a batter in nine innings spanning three starts for Potomac over the last two weeks. He’s targeting mid-August to return to the Nats’ big-league rotation.
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis made his first rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Nationals in Viera yesterday. The veteran right-hander, rehabbing from surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow, tossed three scoreless innings, allowing two hits while striking out four.
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats move on to Miami with Gio starting in hometown
- PHOTO: Kevin Durant rocks a Nats jersey
- UPDATE: Nats DFA Perez, claim Twins shortstop
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers