Jul 19, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Jordan Zimmermann, who was scheduled to make his fourth rehab start for Class A Potomac tonight, has been scratched due to a stiff neck.
The Nationals say the injury is not serious, and Zimmermann is expected to start sometime later this week.
The right-hander, in the final stages of rehab from last August’s Tommy John surgery, has not allowed an earned run or walked a batter in nine innings spanning three starts for Potomac over the last two weeks. He’s targeting mid-August to return to the Nats’ big-league rotation.
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis made his first rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Nationals in Viera yesterday. The veteran right-hander, rehabbing from surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow, tossed three scoreless innings, allowing two hits while striking out four.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats