Jul 19, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Jordan Zimmermann, who was scheduled to make his fourth rehab start for Class A Potomac tonight, has been scratched due to a stiff neck.
The Nationals say the injury is not serious, and Zimmermann is expected to start sometime later this week.
The right-hander, in the final stages of rehab from last August’s Tommy John surgery, has not allowed an earned run or walked a batter in nine innings spanning three starts for Potomac over the last two weeks. He’s targeting mid-August to return to the Nats’ big-league rotation.
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis made his first rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Nationals in Viera yesterday. The veteran right-hander, rehabbing from surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow, tossed three scoreless innings, allowing two hits while striking out four.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent