Jul 19, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen pitched a fantastic game in yesterday's loss.
33,000 FEET OVER SANFORD, FLA. — I've always wanted to use a dateline like that. Thanks to Delta Airlines and their on-board wi-fi — where have you been all my life? — I'm actually able to do it this morning.
As I trek my way north from Fort Lauderdale to Cincinnati, I'm tempted to find more ways to harp on the Nationals' offensive woes from the weekend. But, to be honest, there's not much left to say. They were terrible with men on base the last two days, and thus suffered back-to-back shutouts against the Marlins. No sense rehashing that once again.
So I'm going to take a cue here from Jim Riggleman and look at the glass as half-full for a moment. Despite their obvious travails in certain areas, the Nats did do some really good things over the weekend. Here are a few of them…
CRAIG STAMMEN'S STRONG START
After a couple of abysmal outings heading into the All-Star break, Stammen started off the second half in style. It got lost among all the Nats men left on base yesterday, but Stammen tossed a real gem: sixRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies