Jul 22, 2010, 5:24 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Luis Atilano is headed to the disabled list with bone chips in his right elbow, leaving the Nationals to decide between one of three left-handers to take his spot in the rotation and start Sunday in Milwaukee.
John Lannan, Ross Detwiler and Matt Chico are all candidates for promotion, though Mike Rizzo wouldn’t reveal today which lefty is getting the call.
“We want to bring up somebody who we can get a good, long look at, that gives us an opportunity every five days to win that game,” Rizzo said.
UPDATE AT 2:01 P.M. — FYI: I was just told John Lannan remains with Harrisburg and remains scheduled to start tonight. So it would appear he’s not going to be the guy to get called up.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1