Jul 22, 2010, 5:24 PM EST
CINCINNATI — Luis Atilano is headed to the disabled list with bone chips in his right elbow, leaving the Nationals to decide between one of three left-handers to take his spot in the rotation and start Sunday in Milwaukee.
John Lannan, Ross Detwiler and Matt Chico are all candidates for promotion, though Mike Rizzo wouldn’t reveal today which lefty is getting the call.
“We want to bring up somebody who we can get a good, long look at, that gives us an opportunity every five days to win that game,” Rizzo said.
UPDATE AT 2:01 P.M. — FYI: I was just told John Lannan remains with Harrisburg and remains scheduled to start tonight. So it would appear he’s not going to be the guy to get called up.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence