Jul 22, 2010, 5:24 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Luis Atilano is headed to the disabled list with bone chips in his right elbow, leaving the Nationals to decide between one of three left-handers to take his spot in the rotation and start Sunday in Milwaukee.
John Lannan, Ross Detwiler and Matt Chico are all candidates for promotion, though Mike Rizzo wouldn’t reveal today which lefty is getting the call.
“We want to bring up somebody who we can get a good, long look at, that gives us an opportunity every five days to win that game,” Rizzo said.
UPDATE AT 2:01 P.M. — FYI: I was just told John Lannan remains with Harrisburg and remains scheduled to start tonight. So it would appear he’s not going to be the guy to get called up.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon