Jul 22, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's another scorcher at Great American Ball Park for the series finale.
CINCINNATI — No sense beating around the bush on this one, because it's surely going to be the hot topic of debate here for the next two hours before the game starts: Cristian Guzman is batting fifth today. Willie Harris is batting sixth.
Yep, Josh Willingham, Ivan Rodriguez and Ian Desmond all have the day off, leaving Jim Riggleman with this makeshift lineup that I have a hunch won't be popular with the fan base.
That said, think back only 13 days ago when Stephen Strasburg pitched against the Giants and Riggleman fielded a lineup that included a 5-6-7-8 of Guzman, Harris, Adam Kennedy and Wil Nieves. Everyone was up in arms that afternoon … until that dynamic quartet combined to go 6-for-12 with three walks and three RBI and helped lead the Nats to a blowout victory.
So it's entirely possible lightning will strike twice. Then again, Guzman and Harris each homered last night. What are the odds of that happening again?
Check back for updates throughout the afternoon…
NATIONALS at REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 12:35 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. area)
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense