Jul 22, 2010, 1:44 AM EDT
CINCINNATI — A two-day delay because of a stiff neck didn’t hinder Jordan Zimmermann at all in his continued rehab from Tommy John surgery.
Zimmermann tossed four scoreless innings tonight for Class A Potomac, allowing two hits, striking out four and walking zero. The right-hander now hasn’t given up an earned run or issued a walk in 13 innings spanning four rehab starts.
Tonight’s gem came two days after Zimmermann was scratched from his originally scheduled outing because of a stiff neck. He insisted he could pitch that night, but team officials didn’t want to take a chance, so they pushed him back.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win