Jul 22, 2010, 1:44 AM EDT
CINCINNATI — A two-day delay because of a stiff neck didn’t hinder Jordan Zimmermann at all in his continued rehab from Tommy John surgery.
Zimmermann tossed four scoreless innings tonight for Class A Potomac, allowing two hits, striking out four and walking zero. The right-hander now hasn’t given up an earned run or issued a walk in 13 innings spanning four rehab starts.
Tonight’s gem came two days after Zimmermann was scratched from his originally scheduled outing because of a stiff neck. He insisted he could pitch that night, but team officials didn’t want to take a chance, so they pushed him back.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game