Jul 22, 2010, 1:44 AM EST
CINCINNATI — A two-day delay because of a stiff neck didn’t hinder Jordan Zimmermann at all in his continued rehab from Tommy John surgery.
Zimmermann tossed four scoreless innings tonight for Class A Potomac, allowing two hits, striking out four and walking zero. The right-hander now hasn’t given up an earned run or issued a walk in 13 innings spanning four rehab starts.
Tonight’s gem came two days after Zimmermann was scratched from his originally scheduled outing because of a stiff neck. He insisted he could pitch that night, but team officials didn’t want to take a chance, so they pushed him back.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals