Jul 23, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Milwaukee Brewers
The Brewers host the Nationals this weekend at Miller Park.
Updates on Sunday's starter and minor leaguers suspended below
Fresh off their first back-to-back road wins since May 12-13 (at New York and Colorado), the Nationals made their way last night from Cincinnati to Milwaukee. They'll open a three-game, weekend series against the Brewers this evening, hoping to sustain some positive momentum for the first time in a long time.
Speaking of maintaining positive momentum, Craig Stammen takes the mound tonight for the opener, hoping to pick up where he left off Sunday at Florida (he allowed one run over six strong innings). J.D. Martin starts tomorrow. Sunday's starter remains unannounced. John Lannan pitched last night for Harrisburg, so it won't be him. Ross Detwiler threw seven innings Wednesday, so he's unlikely to be called up to pitch on short rest. That leaves Matt Chico, who is listed as tonight's starter for Syracuse. If he gets scratched, we'll know why.
After covering the first two legs of this road trip, I've returned home for the weekend. So no reports from Milwaukee. I'll put up the gameday threads each day, though, and will provide lineups once they're announced. If there's any other significant news, I'll be sure to pass that along as well…
NATIONALS at BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms, 83 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder