Jul 25, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Milwaukee Brewers
The Nats try to avoid getting swept today at Miller Park.
Several points to make on this Sunday morning…
1. Michael Morse is not in the Nationals' starting lineup today.
2. Yes, I agree with the vast majority of you that he should be.
3. I'm not in Milwaukee this weekend. Therefore, I can't ask Jim Riggleman why Morse is not in the lineup.
4. Ryan Zimmerman also is not in the Nationals' lineup today. This was a pre-planned day off, much as Adam Dunn got last night.
5. Willie Harris is starting at third base and batting second. Though his presence anywhere near the plate with a bat in hand sends shivers down plenty of people's spines, I'll just throw this out there: Since June 25 (one month's time) Harris is batting .357 with a .500 on-base percentage and 1.071 OPS. Those numbers are even better thanRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos comes through with go-ahead hit against D'Backs
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East