Jul 26, 2010, 11:27 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann went down one level of the Nationals’ farm system to make his fifth minor-league rehab start today. His performance went down several notches.
Pitching for low-Class A Hagerstown in the first game of a twi-night doubleheader against West Virginia, Zimmermann was tagged for seven runs and seven hits in five innings, suffering his first loss of the season.
Zimmermann, who hadn’t allowed an earned run or issued a walk in four previous rehab starts with high-Class A Potomac, gave up six earned runs today. He also walked a batter, struck out three and served up two home runs.
The right-hander is expected to come off the disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in mid-August.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game