Jul 26, 2010, 11:27 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann went down one level of the Nationals’ farm system to make his fifth minor-league rehab start today. His performance went down several notches.
Pitching for low-Class A Hagerstown in the first game of a twi-night doubleheader against West Virginia, Zimmermann was tagged for seven runs and seven hits in five innings, suffering his first loss of the season.
Zimmermann, who hadn’t allowed an earned run or issued a walk in four previous rehab starts with high-Class A Potomac, gave up six earned runs today. He also walked a batter, struck out three and served up two home runs.
The right-hander is expected to come off the disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in mid-August.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats