Jul 26, 2010, 11:27 PM EST
Jordan Zimmermann went down one level of the Nationals’ farm system to make his fifth minor-league rehab start today. His performance went down several notches.
Pitching for low-Class A Hagerstown in the first game of a twi-night doubleheader against West Virginia, Zimmermann was tagged for seven runs and seven hits in five innings, suffering his first loss of the season.
Zimmermann, who hadn’t allowed an earned run or issued a walk in four previous rehab starts with high-Class A Potomac, gave up six earned runs today. He also walked a batter, struck out three and served up two home runs.
The right-hander is expected to come off the disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in mid-August.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'