Jul 26, 2010, 11:27 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann went down one level of the Nationals’ farm system to make his fifth minor-league rehab start today. His performance went down several notches.
Pitching for low-Class A Hagerstown in the first game of a twi-night doubleheader against West Virginia, Zimmermann was tagged for seven runs and seven hits in five innings, suffering his first loss of the season.
Zimmermann, who hadn’t allowed an earned run or issued a walk in four previous rehab starts with high-Class A Potomac, gave up six earned runs today. He also walked a batter, struck out three and served up two home runs.
The right-hander is expected to come off the disabled list and join the Nats’ rotation sometime in mid-August.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start