Jul 27, 2010, 8:55 PM EDT
Jim Riggleman drove to Hagerstown yesterday to watch Jordan Zimmermann's latest rehab start and came away encouraged by what he saw, despite the right-hander's unsightly final line.
Riggleman, though, paid more attention to the fact Zimmermann's arm felt strong afterward.
"My concern is just that he feels good, that his arm feels good," the manager said. "His delivery looked good. He didn't get the results yesterday that he would have liked. But I know he's encouraged by how his arm feels. That's quite a few innings he's got now, between the Florida experience and his rehab starts, where he's held up real good. He's moving forward."
Zimmermann is next slated to pitch for Class AA Harrisburg this weekend. He's been targeting mid-August (12 months after he had Tommy John surgery) for his return to the Nationals' rotation, thoughRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high