Jul 27, 2010, 8:55 PM EDT
Jim Riggleman drove to Hagerstown yesterday to watch Jordan Zimmermann's latest rehab start and came away encouraged by what he saw, despite the right-hander's unsightly final line.
Riggleman, though, paid more attention to the fact Zimmermann's arm felt strong afterward.
"My concern is just that he feels good, that his arm feels good," the manager said. "His delivery looked good. He didn't get the results yesterday that he would have liked. But I know he's encouraged by how his arm feels. That's quite a few innings he's got now, between the Florida experience and his rehab starts, where he's held up real good. He's moving forward."
Zimmermann is next slated to pitch for Class AA Harrisburg this weekend. He's been targeting mid-August (12 months after he had Tommy John surgery) for his return to the Nationals' rotation, thoughRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win