Jul 28, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's craziness, Livan Hernandez looks to be a calming presence tonight.
So, there's another ballgame to be played tonight. Livan Hernandez is the scheduled starter for the Nationals. Though I suppose these days you can't assume anything until 7:05 p.m.
Hernandez's task is simple: Keep doing what he's been doing all season and give the Nats a chance to beat a really tough opponent in Tim Hudson, who in his career against the Expos/Nationals franchise is merely 9-1 with a 1.51 ERA. He also outdueled Stephen Strasburg last month in Atlanta, tossing seven scoreless innings.
As I mentioned earlier today, Josh Willingham is not in the starting lineup. Why? Probably because he's a career 1-for-20 with seven strikeouts against Hudson. (He also appeared to jam his leg sliding into second base on his sixth-inning stolen base last night.) Who on the Nats' roster does have a record of success against him? Ivan Rodriguez (13-for-29).
Check back throughout the afternoon and evening for updates…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 91 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox