Jul 28, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
The Nationals just put out their starting lineup for tonight's game against the Braves, and Josh Willingham is surprisingly not in there. Not sure what, if any, conclusions can be drawn from that, but it should be noted Willingham in his career vs. Atlanta starter Tim Hudson is 1-for-20 with seven strikeouts. My hunch is that's the reason for his benching, not a trade.
That said, I'm about to head down to the ballpark and will update everyone once I know anything more.
In the meantime, here is Jim Riggleman's lineup…
3B ZimmermanRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels