Jul 28, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
The Nationals just put out their starting lineup for tonight's game against the Braves, and Josh Willingham is surprisingly not in there. Not sure what, if any, conclusions can be drawn from that, but it should be noted Willingham in his career vs. Atlanta starter Tim Hudson is 1-for-20 with seven strikeouts. My hunch is that's the reason for his benching, not a trade.
That said, I'm about to head down to the ballpark and will update everyone once I know anything more.
In the meantime, here is Jim Riggleman's lineup…
3B ZimmermanRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres