Jul 28, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Scott Olsen has officially been named the Nationals’ starting pitcher for tomorrow’s series finale against the Braves.
Olsen, who has been on the DL since May 22 with left shoulder inflammation, has made four minor-league rehab starts, the most recent coming Thursday for Class A Potomac. Overall, he posted a 3.21 ERA while on rehab, striking out 11 while walking only one batter.
In eight starts with the Nationals before getting hurt, Olsen was 2-2 with a 3.77 ERA.
Olsen’s return tomorrow pushes Craig Stammen back to Friday night’s game against the Phillies and Ross Detwiler to Saturday night’s game. Sunday’s starter remains uncertain; if Stephen Strasburg is ready to return from his shoulder inflammation, he’ll pitch on schedule. If not, the Nationals will need to decide whether to promote someone from the minors or use long reliever Miguel Batista again.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle