Jul 28, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Scott Olsen has officially been named the Nationals’ starting pitcher for tomorrow’s series finale against the Braves.
Olsen, who has been on the DL since May 22 with left shoulder inflammation, has made four minor-league rehab starts, the most recent coming Thursday for Class A Potomac. Overall, he posted a 3.21 ERA while on rehab, striking out 11 while walking only one batter.
In eight starts with the Nationals before getting hurt, Olsen was 2-2 with a 3.77 ERA.
Olsen’s return tomorrow pushes Craig Stammen back to Friday night’s game against the Phillies and Ross Detwiler to Saturday night’s game. Sunday’s starter remains uncertain; if Stephen Strasburg is ready to return from his shoulder inflammation, he’ll pitch on schedule. If not, the Nationals will need to decide whether to promote someone from the minors or use long reliever Miguel Batista again.
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins