Jul 28, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Scott Olsen has officially been named the Nationals’ starting pitcher for tomorrow’s series finale against the Braves.
Olsen, who has been on the DL since May 22 with left shoulder inflammation, has made four minor-league rehab starts, the most recent coming Thursday for Class A Potomac. Overall, he posted a 3.21 ERA while on rehab, striking out 11 while walking only one batter.
In eight starts with the Nationals before getting hurt, Olsen was 2-2 with a 3.77 ERA.
Olsen’s return tomorrow pushes Craig Stammen back to Friday night’s game against the Phillies and Ross Detwiler to Saturday night’s game. Sunday’s starter remains uncertain; if Stephen Strasburg is ready to return from his shoulder inflammation, he’ll pitch on schedule. If not, the Nationals will need to decide whether to promote someone from the minors or use long reliever Miguel Batista again.
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)