Jul 28, 2010, 9:42 PM EST
Scott Olsen has officially been named the Nationals’ starting pitcher for tomorrow’s series finale against the Braves.
Olsen, who has been on the DL since May 22 with left shoulder inflammation, has made four minor-league rehab starts, the most recent coming Thursday for Class A Potomac. Overall, he posted a 3.21 ERA while on rehab, striking out 11 while walking only one batter.
In eight starts with the Nationals before getting hurt, Olsen was 2-2 with a 3.77 ERA.
Olsen’s return tomorrow pushes Craig Stammen back to Friday night’s game against the Phillies and Ross Detwiler to Saturday night’s game. Sunday’s starter remains uncertain; if Stephen Strasburg is ready to return from his shoulder inflammation, he’ll pitch on schedule. If not, the Nationals will need to decide whether to promote someone from the minors or use long reliever Miguel Batista again.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen