Jul 29, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
Updated at 5:28 p.m.
Katherine Connors, aka Miss Iowa 2010, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before tomorrow night's game at Nationals Park.
The Nats haven't confirmed the appearance, but Connors announced the news on Twitter this afternoon, posting: "It's official – headed to Washington DC to throw out the first pitch at the Washington Nationals game tomorrow night!!!"
Connors' appearance in the District will come three days after Nationals reliever Miguel Batista compared himself to her upon serving as the last-minute replacement for injured starter Stephen Strasburg. Many among the sellout crowd booed when Batista took the mound in the top of the first inning.
"Imagine, if you go there to see Miss Universe and you end up having Miss Iowa, you might get those kind of boos," Batista said.
The quote was widely circulated and made its way back to Connors, who then told the Des Moines Register: "I know I can throw a pitch or two! The question is, can Miguel Batista walk the runway in aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East