Jul 29, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
(Here's my full Strasburg article on CSNwashington.com.)
Stephen Strasburg will not start Sunday, manager Jim Riggleman said this morning.
Strasburg hasn't been placed on the disabled list yet, but could wind up there later this morning. Any move would be retroactive to July 22, the day after he last pitched.
More to come…
UPDATE AT 11:44 A.M. — It's official: Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day DL, retroactive to July 22. Scott Olsen has been activated off the DL in time to start today's game against the Braves.
Strasburg will be eligible to return on August 7, but it sounds like the Nationals will wait until they return home the following week to activate him. So his next start would probably come during the August 10-12 series against the Marlins.
Quotes from Strasburg coming in a couple minutes…
UPDATE AT 11:49 A.M. — Strasburg spoke briefly in the Nats' clubhouse after being told he was being placed on the DL. Here's the transcript…
Q: How disappointing is it to be placed on the DL?
STRASBURG: It's out of my control, so I'm not really going to worry about it. It's what's best for the team. Obviously, having Miguel Batista as a reliever, we're going to need him out of the bullpen. We can't really rely on him to go out there and start. So it's an obvious reason for it. I'm just going to keep working hard, and when theyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins