Jul 30, 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
Updated at 4:44 p.m.
The internet may explode at some point today from too many "updates" on Adam Dunn's status with the Nationals. Really, I've never seen anything quite like this, especially because as of this moment, nothing has happened.
Here's what we do know: The White Sox have acquired right-hander Edwin Jackson from the Diamondbacks for pitchers Daniel Hudson and David Holmberg. The White Sox have had very strong interest in Dunn all along. The Nationals have had some interest in Jackson.
So a subsequent trade of Dunn to Chicago in exchange for Jackson seems like an obvious conclusion to all this. But before you get too lathered up about it, this deal hasn't been made yet and it very well might not be made ever.
First off, I would be stunned — stunned — if Mike Rizzo traded Adam Dunn straight-up for Edwin Jackson. That doesn't fit with his oft-repeated mantra that he would have to be "blown away" with an offer in order to trade Dunn. It's entirely possible Jackson would be part of a package coming to Washington in exchange for Dunn, but I really can't see him being the only player involved. A young position player would have to be included.
Second, the White Sox have been trying to bolster their rotation in addition to their lineup for the stretch run, and thus could keepRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins