Jul 30, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen faces Roy Oswalt in his Phillies debut tonight.
There is still a game to be played tonight, and a depleted Nationals team that is without Matt Capps and Cristian Guzman and will be playing with a 24-man roster faces a stiff challenge against the Phillies and the pitcher they just acquired yesterday: Roy Oswalt.
The Nats actually have had recent success against Oswalt. In three head-to-head starts over the last two years, he's 0-1 with a 7.43 ERA. That includes a 2 1/3-inning start in May in which Oswalt was ejected. So perhaps the Nationals have a slight advantage against a really tough right-hander.
Check back here for updates throughout the game, and please check the other posts for Guzman, Dunn and other trade-related news…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates