Jul 30, 2010, 9:32 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen faces Roy Oswalt in his Phillies debut tonight.
There is still a game to be played tonight, and a depleted Nationals team that is without Matt Capps and Cristian Guzman and will be playing with a 24-man roster faces a stiff challenge against the Phillies and the pitcher they just acquired yesterday: Roy Oswalt.
The Nats actually have had recent success against Oswalt. In three head-to-head starts over the last two years, he's 0-1 with a 7.43 ERA. That includes a 2 1/3-inning start in May in which Oswalt was ejected. So perhaps the Nationals have a slight advantage against a really tough right-hander.
Check back here for updates throughout the game, and please check the other posts for Guzman, Dunn and other trade-related news…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?