Jul 30, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen faces Roy Oswalt in his Phillies debut tonight.
There is still a game to be played tonight, and a depleted Nationals team that is without Matt Capps and Cristian Guzman and will be playing with a 24-man roster faces a stiff challenge against the Phillies and the pitcher they just acquired yesterday: Roy Oswalt.
The Nats actually have had recent success against Oswalt. In three head-to-head starts over the last two years, he's 0-1 with a 7.43 ERA. That includes a 2 1/3-inning start in May in which Oswalt was ejected. So perhaps the Nationals have a slight advantage against a really tough right-hander.
Check back here for updates throughout the game, and please check the other posts for Guzman, Dunn and other trade-related news…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts