Jul 30, 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
Updated at 5:56 p.m.
The Nationals have traded Cristian Guzman, the only player from the original Opening Day 2005 club who has remained on the big-league roster without interruption, to the Texas Rangers, a source familiar with the deal has confirmed.
It's not yet known who the Nationals are receiving in return.
Updates to come…
3:29 p.m. — Because Guzman has 10 years of big-league service and more than five years with the Nationals, he had to approve the trade. He's still due to earn about $2.6 million the rest of the season, and it's possible the Nats are picking up some of that salary because the Rangers are currently in bankruptcy and unable to add too much to payroll.
4:38 p.m. — The trade won't be official until tomorrow, but the Nats will be receiving two minor-league pitchers in exchange for Guzman. One of the pitchers is right-hander Ryan Tatusko, a 25-year-old who was 9-2 with a 2.97 ERA in 24 games (13 starts) for Class AA Frisco. Because the deal isn't official yet but Guzman has already left, the Nats will be playing with a 24-man roster tonight. Adam Kennedy isRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener