Jul 31, 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will play catch tomorrow morning before the Nationals’ series finale against the Phillies, manager Jim Riggleman said.
Strasburg, who hasn’t thrown a ball since he was a last-minute scratch before Tuesday night’s game with right shoulder inflammation, will throw off flat ground in the outfield. If that goes well, he’ll play long toss on Monday in Arizona.
Strasburg would then take Tuesday off and throw a full bullpen session Wednesday in Arizona. He’s eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Friday in Los Angeles, but the Nationals are expected to wait to bring him back until the team returns home to face the Marlins Aug. 10-12.
NL EAST STANDINGS
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Strasburg, Nationals look to secure series win vs. Mariners
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League