Jul 31, 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will play catch tomorrow morning before the Nationals’ series finale against the Phillies, manager Jim Riggleman said.
Strasburg, who hasn’t thrown a ball since he was a last-minute scratch before Tuesday night’s game with right shoulder inflammation, will throw off flat ground in the outfield. If that goes well, he’ll play long toss on Monday in Arizona.
Strasburg would then take Tuesday off and throw a full bullpen session Wednesday in Arizona. He’s eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Friday in Los Angeles, but the Nationals are expected to wait to bring him back until the team returns home to face the Marlins Aug. 10-12.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington