Jul 31, 2010, 8:17 PM EST
Stephen Strasburg will play catch tomorrow morning before the Nationals’ series finale against the Phillies, manager Jim Riggleman said.
Strasburg, who hasn’t thrown a ball since he was a last-minute scratch before Tuesday night’s game with right shoulder inflammation, will throw off flat ground in the outfield. If that goes well, he’ll play long toss on Monday in Arizona.
Strasburg would then take Tuesday off and throw a full bullpen session Wednesday in Arizona. He’s eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Friday in Los Angeles, but the Nationals are expected to wait to bring him back until the team returns home to face the Marlins Aug. 10-12.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB