Aug 2, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Six days ago, the Nationals were reeling from a 3-7 road trip that included an ugly sweep in Milwaukee. The status of Stephen Strasburg's shoulder wasn't worth pausing one second to contemplate. Matt Capps and Cristian Guzman were members of the roster. Adam Dunn was, too, though there was reason to worry he might not be by week's end. Yunesky Maya was in the Dominican Republic, his visa not yet secured. Scott Olsen and John Lannan were pitching in the minor leagues.
And, of course, there was no reason for anyone in Washington to know Miss Iowa's name.
Turned out to be quite an eventful week, huh?
Now that the dust has settled, there's time to catch our breath and evaluate what happened during that homestand. Two trades were made, one really big one wasn't. Strasburg went on the DL but resumed throwing yesterday and reprted no problems. Olsen and Lannan each returned from the minors and each pitched well. The Nationals took four of six from the Braves and Phillies, highlighted by Saturday night's dramatic, Ryan Zimmerman walk-off.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown