Aug 2, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Six days ago, the Nationals were reeling from a 3-7 road trip that included an ugly sweep in Milwaukee. The status of Stephen Strasburg's shoulder wasn't worth pausing one second to contemplate. Matt Capps and Cristian Guzman were members of the roster. Adam Dunn was, too, though there was reason to worry he might not be by week's end. Yunesky Maya was in the Dominican Republic, his visa not yet secured. Scott Olsen and John Lannan were pitching in the minor leagues.
And, of course, there was no reason for anyone in Washington to know Miss Iowa's name.
Turned out to be quite an eventful week, huh?
Now that the dust has settled, there's time to catch our breath and evaluate what happened during that homestand. Two trades were made, one really big one wasn't. Strasburg went on the DL but resumed throwing yesterday and reprted no problems. Olsen and Lannan each returned from the minors and each pitched well. The Nationals took four of six from the Braves and Phillies, highlighted by Saturday night's dramatic, Ryan Zimmerman walk-off.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard