Aug 3, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg walks alongside Steve McCatty after his bullpen session today.
Updated at 8:20 p.m.
PHOENIX — Stephen Strasburg threw 25 pitches off a bullpen mound this afternoon and reported no problems with his right shoulder, a development that has team officials fairly confident the rookie will be able to return from the disabled list in one week.
"He didn't have any problems, before or after," Nationals trainer Lee Kuntz said, adding that Strasburg's inflammed shoulder "feels better."
In his first mound appearance since getting scratched moments before his July 27 start against the Braves, Strasburg threw fastballs, curveballs and changeups at full velocity, though he didn't throw as many pitches as he normally would during a between-starts bullpen session.
"He was letting it go," Kuntz said.
Next up for Strasburg will be a simulated game against teammates Thursday afternoon at Chase Field, then another bullpen session Saturday at Dodger Stadium. If all goes well, the Nationals are planning to activate him off the disabled list next Tuesday and haveRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game