Aug 3, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg walks alongside Steve McCatty after his bullpen session today.
Updated at 8:20 p.m.
PHOENIX — Stephen Strasburg threw 25 pitches off a bullpen mound this afternoon and reported no problems with his right shoulder, a development that has team officials fairly confident the rookie will be able to return from the disabled list in one week.
"He didn't have any problems, before or after," Nationals trainer Lee Kuntz said, adding that Strasburg's inflammed shoulder "feels better."
In his first mound appearance since getting scratched moments before his July 27 start against the Braves, Strasburg threw fastballs, curveballs and changeups at full velocity, though he didn't throw as many pitches as he normally would during a between-starts bullpen session.
"He was letting it go," Kuntz said.
Next up for Strasburg will be a simulated game against teammates Thursday afternoon at Chase Field, then another bullpen session Saturday at Dodger Stadium. If all goes well, the Nationals are planning to activate him off the disabled list next Tuesday and haveRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class