Aug 3, 2010, 12:50 AM EDT
PHOENIX — Stephen Strasburg took another key step in his return from the disabled list this evening when he threw from up to 120 feet and reported no problems with his right shoulder.
The Nationals rookie, who threw yesterday for the first time since getting shut down with shoulder inflammation, played catch before tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks with fellow starter John Lannan. He started at 60 feet, then gradually moved up to 120 feet, putting a good amount of effort into each long toss.
“Everything was fine,” pitching coach Steve McCatty said.
For the full story on Strasburg, plus an update on Jordan Zimmermann’s timetable to return to the majors, go to CSNwashington.com.
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs