Aug 5, 2010, 6:32 AM EDT
Photo by David Zuckerman / Special to Nats Insider
Adam Dunn belts the second of his two home runs in the Nats' victory.
PHOENIX — For just about any ballplayer, the events Adam Dunn faced over the last week would be enough to drive you senile. At the very least, the constant barrage of trade rumors would weigh on your mind everywhere you went, especially when you stepped on the field not knowing if you'd be wearing a different uniform the next day.
By now, though, you know Adam Dunn isn't just about any ballplayer. At the plate, he does things very others do (like hit two gargantuan homers tonight to lead the Nationals to a 7-2 victory over the Diamondbacks). Away from the park, he also doesn't act like a typical ballplayer. Which is to say, he leaves his work at the office and doesn't spend a moment of free time worrying about such mundane things as where he'll be playing the next day.
"I really don't think about it at all," he said. "I mean, the only time I think about it is when people ask me or approach me about it. I don't ever think about it on the field. Other guys on the team will ask me, and I'll be like: 'I don't know. You guys probably know as much as I know.'"
Is it tough for Dunn to have that carefree approach to his professional life, or does it just come naturally?
"I mean, I don't go home and work on it," he said with a laugh. "My wife says the same thing, and she hates me for it sometimes. My mom, for instance, is the biggest worrywart in the world. She worries about everything. I'm serious, everything. And I'm like, why? You can'tRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'